Before logging into Moodle, you need to confirm that your computer systems meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Operating system: Windows XP or higher for PCs; OS X 10.5 or higher for Macs
*Windows 10 may not work with our software – consider adding Windows 8 temporarily for this purpose.
2. Computer configuration:
- 2GB of RAM
- 1 GB of free disk space
- Broadband Internet connection (DSL or cable recommended)
- Web browser (Mozilla Firefox is highly recommended)
- Sound card with speakers or headphones
- Printer (recommended but not required)
- Cookies must be enabled (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences)
- Pop-up blocker is turned off (http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pop-blocker-settings-exceptions-troubleshooting#w_pop-up-blocker-settings)
3. Internet connection: a broadband connection (256 kbps or faster)
4. Browser Requirements
- Mozilla Firefox works best with Moodle. Other browsers such as Internet Explorer or Safari may be used, but may not support all functionalities in Moodle, such as online quizzes and the HTML editor.
5. Software Recommendations (Click the links below to download these applications if they are not already installed on your computer)
- Mozilla Firefox (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
- Adobe Flash (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
- Adobe Shockwave (http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/)
6. Accessories: For our medical programs, you must have a sound card with speakers or a headphone to listen to the audio. For Medical Transcription, any headset is needed.
Source: Moodle official site
Moodle Support for Students
Moodle is an open-source learning management system that is used to deliver blended and online courses throughout MTACC.
Our system provides a complete online tutorial orientation to Moodle so you’ll be comfortable with all features from the very first day.